: 4448 Guelph Line, Burlington, ON L7P 0N2
These are tentative hours at this time. Working hours will vary from restaurant hours.
- Extended health care benefits includes dental, vision, etc.
- Full-time employees: Company to cover 100% of extended health care benefits after 3 months’ employment
- Part-time employees: Company to cover 50% of extended health care benefits after 3 months’ of employment, with a minimum of 24 hours worked per week
- On-site parking
- Will provide no charge transportation to full-time employees commuting via public transit to/from Burlington Mall
- Travel allowances for employees driving their car to/from work are available, depending on distance
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation for full-time staff
- Profit-sharing program included
- Tip sharing pool for kitchen and other non-tipped staff
Our restaurant is looking for experienced, creative kitchen staff who are passionate about culinary arts.
We are seeking an Assistant Cook
for a full-time position in our north Burlington restaurant.
The ideal candidate for this position is open-minded, easily trained, willing to learn new techniques, understands food combinations, and works well with others under pressure.
You work well with the Chef ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly and efficiently. You will be responsible for preparing healthy meals for our diners, kitchen inventory management, cleaning, cutting vegetables and preparing meats.
If you are passionate about the restaurant and hospitality industry and have prior experience in the kitchen, we invite you to apply today.
Skills & Experience:
- Secondary school graduation certificate
- At least 1 year of experience or culinary school diploma
- Physical ability to perform required duties
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
- Successful completion of food safety training
About the Restaurant:
- Cook food in accordance with established recipes and menus
- Provide all assistance as required to Chef
- Prepare vegetables and meats for cooking
- Ensure cooking and preparation areas and utensils are cleaned after use
- Assist in maintaining inventory and ordering supplies
- Prepare and cook special meals for patrons as instructed by the Chef
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
The family-owned restaurant is a popular location 1km from Mount Nemo Conservation Area in a gorgeous escarpment setting favoured by cyclists, nature enthusiasts, and mountain climbers. Only 5 minutes from the 407/Appleby and 15 minutes from the QEW/Guelph Line.
Térasa, a new restaurant nestled in Mount Nemo of North Burlington, is dedicated to delivering a delightful, health-focused casual dining experience. Our countryside setting boasts high-quality, scratch-made dishes. With the GTA's most extraordinary patio, we offer an ideal venue for business meetings, off-the-beaten-track celebrations, family gatherings, or simply your go-to spot for daily nourishment.
Our executive management is committed to providing excellent hospitable service and deliciously nutritious meals.
About the Owner:
Phil St-Cyr is a holistic nutritionist, yoga teacher, travel agent, and business owner.
He has over a decade of experience operating hospitality and food & drink businesses and has obtained most of his education through hands-on experience, mentorship, and travelling. Phil is an advocate for sustainability and believes in creating a welcoming space for employees to thrive.
Please note, our hiring process requires reference checks and a police check. References will be required prior to an offer being forwarded. Police checks are required, if hired, within three weeks of the start date. Please note, police checks are not used to disqualify candidates.
We are committed to removing accessibility barriers and meeting legislative requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing accommodations should they be required.
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (required)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Please contact the Employment Specialist you are working with at Centre for Skills Development to express interest.
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre for Skills Employment Services office to find out how to apply:
- Burlington: 905-333-3499 x 150
- Oakville: 905-333-3499 x 421
- Milton: 905-333-3499 x 459
- Mississauga: 905-333-3499 x 462
Post ID: FM24
Company: Terasa Inc.
Hours: Full time
How to apply: see details in posting on how to apply