Are you new to Canada and Halton? Get the help you need to settle in Canada with these services.
Settlement Information Specialists
The Centre’s Settlement Information Specialists can answer your questions about settling into Halton.
Get information about:
- Banking in Canada
- Getting a driver’s licence
- Accessing health care
- Getting work
- Finding child care
- PR card application / renewal
- Citizenship application
- Special classes during summer (pronunciation, English to succeed, citizenship)
Appointments are available in Burlington, Milton, Georgetown and Oakville.
For more information, please call:
- Burlington, South Service Road: 905.333.3499 x 196
- Burlington, Millcroft: 289-983-9120
- Oakville, Abbeywood: 289-962-5087 (from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Milton/Georgetown: 289-983-9122 (Milton hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
Commissioner of Oaths
**The health and safety of our clients, staff and event participants are of utmost importance in everything that we do. Therefore, given the current health concerns about COVID-19, Centre for Skills Development has made the decision to provide our Commissioner of Oaths services remotely. For Settlement assistance or information, please call 1-888-315-5521 and select '5' when prompted or email email@example.com
You might need a Commissioner of Oaths to apply for a passport, verify foreign language transcripts, verify translation of documents, sign official documents, and more.
Get free assistance from Centre for Skills' Commissioner of Oaths with signing declarations regarding:
- Residency in Ontario
- Legal name change and birth name correction
- Invitation letter for parent and family members to visit Canada
- Parental consent for children travelling abroad
- Identify declaration as per request of the requesting body/organization
- Proof of Life
To make an appointment, please contact:
If you live near Burlington or Oakville contact:
Alice Maroti, Commissioner of Oaths
If you live near Milton, Georgetown or Mississauga contact:
Alex Harchenko, Commissioner of Oaths
Newcomers Conversation Circle
**The health and safety of our clients, staff and event participants are of utmost importance in everything that we do. Therefore, given the current health concerns about COVID-19, Centre for Skills Development has made the decision to hold all future Newcomer Conversation Circles virtually for the time being.**
Improve your English conversation skills in a relaxed atmosphere and build your speaking confidence. Login and share your experiences and learn about your community. Held online, Wednesday evenings from 7-8pm.
For more information on the program please contact 289-208-5861 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information?
Burlington, South Service Road location: 905-333-3499 x 264
Burlington, Millcroft location: 289-983-9120
Oakville, Abbeywood location: 289-962-5087
Or email email@example.com