Are you new to Canada and Halton? Get the help you need to settle in Canada with these services.
Settlement Information Specialists
The Centre’s Settlement Information Specialists can answer your questions about settling into Halton.
Get information about:
- Banking in Canada
- Getting a driver’s licence
- Accessing health care
- Getting work
- Finding child care
- PR card application / renewal
- Citizenship application
- Special classes during summer (pronunciation, English to succeed, citizenship)
Commissioner of Oaths
*The health and safety of our clients, staff and event participants are of utmost importance in everything that we do. Therefore, given the current health concerns about COVID-19, Centre for Skills Development has made the decision to provide our Commissioner of Oaths services remotely.
You might need a Commissioner of Oaths to apply for a passport, verify foreign language transcripts, verify translation of documents, sign official documents, and more.
Get free assistance from Centre for Skills' Commissioner of Oaths with signing declarations regarding:
- Residency in Ontario
- Legal name change and birth name correction
- Invitation letter for parent and family members to visit Canada
- Parental consent for children travelling abroad
- Identify declaration as per request of the requesting body/organization
- Proof of Life
Book an appointment:
If you live near Burlington or Oakville contact:
Alice Maroti, Commissioner of Oaths
If you live near Milton, Georgetown or Mississauga contact:
Alex Harchenko, Commissioner of Oaths
Need more information?
For Settlement assistance or information, please call 905- 333- 3499 x 415 / 1-888-315-5521 x 415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org