Enhanced Language Training - ELT
Centre for Skills offers specialized language training for newcomers preparing to enter the Canadian workplace. This course is designed to improve English language skills and prepare students for success at work. Students will:
- Learn relevant vocabulary and business idioms.
- Uncover the basics of effective communication and teamwork.
- Gain confidence in speaking in front of others by learning how to prepare and deliver professional presentations as well as give and receive feedback.
- Enhance their written communication skills including how to compose clear and effective email messages
- Learn the basics of project management and improve their problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
Material will include the workplace environment, Canadian corporate culture and the importance of developing cultural intelligence (CQ) in today’s multicultural workplace. Students will also be able to meet with a Career Specialist to learn how to create an effective cover letter and résumé, practice their interview skills, and get connected to employers who are hiring.
Enhanced Language Training is a full time, 12-week program for Permanent Residents and Convention Refugees.
Our ELT program is considered to be a 'full-time' commitment to assist students who are ready to find a job. In order to complete all required assignments and activities successfully, we do not advise taking other courses or working during your daytime or evening course hours."
Attend one of our online Information Sessions to learn more about our ELT program. Register to any session below by clicking on the link:
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday, May 20, 2022 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Register for ELT Classes:
The health and safety of our clients and staff are of utmost importance in everything that we do. Therefore, given the current health concerns about COVID-19, all our ELT Classes are currently ONLINE
June 2022 - ELT Evening Class
Trouble registering online?
Call us at: 1-888-315-5521 and select '5' or email us at: email@example.com
Connect with us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
or 905.333.3499 x 264 or complete the form below: