Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association (LO) is hiring a qualified Environmental Program Coordinator to support the growth and continued success of the Fusion Landscape Professional (FLP) and Water Smart Irrigation Professional (WSIP) training and certification programs. Both programs support Landscape Ontario’s mission to enhance and improve the environment through stormwater management and irrigation water conservation and optimization.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
· Coordinating the delivery and ongoing success of the Fusion Landscape Professional (FLP) and Water Smart Irrigation Professional (WSIP) programs;
· Supporting development and execution of contract scopes and schedules;
· Coordinating, monitoring and tracking of project plans, partner meetings, contract activities and progress, timelines, work hours, and expenses;
· Updating content on websites, and program resource Hubs;
· Coordinating program events including: trade shows, networking and PD events, conferences and consumer outreach;
· Coordinating complete candidate administration including: promotion, application verification, (updates, and checking for completeness and accuracy), preparing documents and coordinating participant selection and program attendance, communicating with participants, distribution of online resource hubs, certification documents and recertification;
· Providing customer service to candidates;
· Coordinating training programs and instructors including: scheduling, communications, participants, preparing all materials, setting up IT requirements, catering requirements etc.;
· Coordinating written exams and validation assessments;
· Coordinating content review, revisions, formatting and additions to program documents including: study manuals, written articles, web pages etc.;
· Monitoring and providing timely and professional communication of project progress/status with manager, program partners, committee members, and other stakeholders and/or staff as needed;
· Preparing and updating project status reports;
· Coordinating and documenting all project, partner and program advisory committee meetings;
· Coordinating and monitoring sub-contractor deliverable;
· Maintaining accurate and consistent files and documentation, both print and digital;
· Developing communication plans for all projects and programs as required and work with communications team towards execution, including articles, eblasts and advertisements;
· Supporting and initiating continuous improvement;
· Accountable to program partners and committees;
· Providing support to other staff within the Workforce Development Department as needed;
· Providing support to other departments as needed.
The successful candidate will possess:
· Post-secondary education in Project Coordination, Horticulture, Environmental Sciences or related program;
· Workplace experience in successful project coordination role, related to the horticulture industry;
· Highly motivated with strong organizational, research, analytical, problem solving, communication and decision-making abilities;
· Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment;
· Demonstrated willingness to coordinate multiple projects and programs simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
· Strong customer service skills;
· Proficient at Microsoft Office and Google Suites software
· Ability to learn new software to support participants in accessing the WSIP Data Manager and FLP Calculator;
· Discrete, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality;
· Willingness to travel overnight as required;
· Valid driver’s license.
Compensation and benefits
The annual salary range is $48,000 - $52,000 based on experience.
Full Time Maternity Leave Contract Position ending December 31, 2021.
Qualified candidates only should submit a resume and cover letter specifically outlining why you are interested in this position and how your specific experience, qualities and interests will support your ability to thrive and contribute to this position to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until: Sept. 25, 2020 at 4 pm.
Early applications are encouraged.
We thank all those who apply, only those shortlisted will be contacted for a potential interview.
Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association is committed to accessibility in employment and to providing equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, LOHTA will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to
a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the Director of Education & Workforce Development upon scheduling your interview.
Location: Office is in Milton, Ontario
Reports to: This position reports to the Director of Education & Labour Development.
Works directly with: Municipal Partners, LO Director, LO members etc.
About Landscape Ontario
Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association (LO) was established over 40 years ago with a mandate to promote and advance the Landscape and Horticulture industry through leadership, community, professionalism and stewardship. Landscape Ontario represents 2600 members employing over 70,000 employees in Ontario in nine geographical chapters and across 10 occupational Sectors. LO recognizes the competitive environment around attracting and retaining the current workforce employed by 'employers of choice' to support the design, installation and maintenance of healthy green infrastructure and providing sustainable solutions to issues created by weather events. With the industry's vision to be recognized as professionals that provide economic, environmental and health & wellness benefits for every community, LO strives to be the hub that creates opportunities for the current and future workforce to advance their careers and pathways to support this growing industry.
Hours: Full time
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org