JOIN THE QUEENS AVENUE RETIREMENT RESIDENCE TEAM!
POSITION: Cook (Part Time)
SHIFT HOURS: Up to 20 hours per week. 10:30AM-6:30PM and/or Weekends
We are a 2018 Diamond Award Winner for "Best Retirement Community". Guided by the philosophy that a balanced lifestyle is a better lifestyle, the Queens Avenue Retirement Residence is dedicated to providing seniors with programs and services that promotes a balanced retirement lifestyle and helps older adults lead better, more fulfilled lives.
We are a community nestled in a residential neighbourhood in Oakville, ON where older adults can thrive, participate and enjoy access to support. To learn more about Queens Avenue Retirement, please visit us at www.queensavenueretirement.com
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual to fill the role of Cook. This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of a team that produces meals for residents and guests using production checks and standardized recipes
Preparing meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met.
Ensuring residents are satisfied with the all aspects of food preparation and presentation.
Operating and cleaning food production equipment and food preparation areas.
Complying with all food preparation standards and health and safety requirements.
All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job description.
Keeps work area clean and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties.
Maintains cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas.
• Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certificate .
• Police Criminal Reference Check.
• Ability to operate institutional cooking equipment.
• Must have effective verbal English communication skills.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
• Must be able to respond to emergency situations.
• The work requires standing for extended periods of time, and lifting and carrying heavy trays and items.
• Previous experience in a food preparation environment is preferred
What we are looking for:
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Good organizational abilities.
• Great interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with residents and staff.
• Demonstrates consistent well-groomed appearance and hygiene.
• Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
• The successful candidate will be required to promote high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents, resident families, and visitors.
Work Hours: Up to 15-20 hours/week - weekend shifts will be included as required.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you are passionate, committed and interested in a job that allows you to make a meaningful difference in your community, we would like to hear from you. We invite you to submit a Letter of Introduction and Resume.
Post ID: JV0329
Hours: Part time
How to apply: email@example.com