As the Java Systems Developer you will be a member of an integral team responsible for developing system-based solutions by formulating programs, developing and maintaining codes and documenting processes for consistency and continuous improvement. You will contribute to a range of moderately complex and diverse team initiatives with the support of your team members.
Technologies you have experience with:
· You have experience with Java/J2EE or Guidewire.
· Having experience with Gosu Script is an asset.
· Having experience with MessageBroker or Oracle is an asset.
What you're responsible for:
· Translating requirements into a cohesive working plan in accordance with guidelines and standards.
· Writing code to implement functionalities and features of small to medium complexity.
· Creating an implementation and back-out plan for a single system.
· Performing unit testing for developed code, supporting system and user acceptance testing.
What to expect:
· You will travel occasionally.
· Rotational on-call schedule, with shifts during evenings and weekends.
· Extended work hours, including evenings and weekends, may be required.
To be successful:
· You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change.
· You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view. ?
· You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
· You have 3 years of experience in Information Technology or a related field.
· You have completed post-secondary education in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related as
What we offer:
· Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada's Best Employers.
· Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity please follow the steps outlined below:
· If you are Registered with us at the Centre please submit your resume to your assigned Employment Advisor and ask them to review it and submit on your behalf.
· If you are not currently registered with us at the Centre please call 905 333 3499, x144 for assistance.
Post ID: HC-419
Company: The Co-Operators
Hours: Full time
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org