ACTRA (Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists) is the national union of over 27,000 professional performers working in English-language recorded media in Canada, including TV, film, radio, and digital media.
ACTRA National is seeking a temporary full-time (one-year contract) - Intermediate Developer
Position Scope: Under the direction of the Manager, Information Technology & Digital Solutions (ITDS), the Intermediate Developer will work in collaboration with the ITDS team to ensure the efficient operation and highest standard of service.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
• Membership System (AMS)
o Development of standard and ad hoc reports as required.
o Running of ACTRA processes, including but not limited to: tax receipts, member invoices and apprentice invoices.
o Database maintenance.
o Programming of change requests.
o Porting of builds into production.
o Ongoing Quality Assurance.
• All ACTRA Websites and Microsites
o Internal maintenance.
o Website backup.
o Version upgrades.
o Certificate management.
o Installing plugins.
o Enhance and support current features.
o Develop new features and plugins.
o Deployment of new builds.
o Ongoing Quality Assurance.
• Other Enterprise Websites
o Support and maintain current website.
o New development such as new features and develop new website as required.
o Website deployment.
Maintenance and support of other applications
• Coordination of AMS help desk calls.
• Network administration as required.
• Conduct training sessions when requested.
• Document processes and procedures for systems and areas supported.
• Communicate project and task status and any issues to stakeholders.
• Other related duties and projects generally considered to be within the job category.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Deployment or a web-based focus or Diploma in Programming or a web-based focus.
• 2 – 3 years relevant experience in IT.
• 2 Years WordPress experience.
• Well-versed in the advancement of software trends and current computer technology.
• Strong understanding of web development techniques, principles, web trends and standards.
• Preferably 2 years work experience with languages, frameworks and platforms including but not limited to:
o C# /
o iMIS RiSE
• Attention to detail in all areas of work and customer service focused.
• Timeline driven and able to work under pressure.
• Experience inspiring and working with cross-functional teams, and ability to handle multiple products with the flexibility to change with shifting priorities.
• Ability to work as part of a team and also work independently.
• Must be able to maintain positive and constructive working relationships with staff and ACTRA members.
• Must be able to manage multiple issues/projects at the same time.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively liaise with business and IT stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills.•Able to communicate in user-friendly language, i.e., non-technical to non-tech users.
• Overall willingness to help.
This position is located at the ACTRA National Office in Toronto and will have a start time of either 11:00 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. (Monday to Friday).
The wage is as follows, as per the USW collective agreement:
$71,915 - $77,913 (growth to be discussed)
This role is based in our Toronto office, and it supports all of west coast members/projects.
The hours of work will be: 11:00 am - 6:30pm or 11:30am -7:00pm
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist;
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre for Skills Employment Services office to find out how to apply:
• Burlington: 289-962-6155
• Oakville: 289-962-1643
• Milton: 289-208-3728
• Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Post ID: LM407-2
Hours: Full time
Wage: $71,915 - $77,913 (growth to be discussed)
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org