If you enjoy interacting with others, are caring and passionate about serving the most respected demographic of the Canadian population and love being around similarly driven individuals of diverse backgrounds and life experiences, please consider joining Chartwell Retirement Residences. Here, we are dedicated to fulfilling our vision of Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families and each other, and inspired to deliver an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
As a Housekeeping Aide
in long-term care, you will be responsible for assisting in fulfilling a variety of housekeeping duties, while consistently maintaining the relevant health, hygiene, and safety standards.
What you will do
The ideal candidates will possess
- Keep work area clean and free from unsafe conditions. Report any unsafe conditions to immediate Supervisor;
- Observe all fire and safety rules and be on alert for the safety of the residents, staff and public;
- Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies;
- Clean dining room, bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairwells and other areas and equipment as directed;
- Clean, mop, wax and polish floors; dust furniture and equipment; arrange furniture in an orderly fashion;
- Operate a floor machine to buff dining rooms, bedrooms, lounges, corridors and office areas;
- Collect and dispose of garbage as required; keep utility rooms and store rooms in tidy and sanitary condition;
- Attend in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops etc. as directed by the Environmental Services Manager.
- Previous housekeeping experience desirable but not mandatory;
- Secondary School education or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write and follow oral instructions.
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre for Skills Employment Services office to find out how to apply
- Burlington: 289-962-6155
- Oakville: 289-962-1643
- Milton: 289-208-3728
Post ID: JD334
Company: Chartwell Retirement Residences
Hours: Full time
How to apply: email@example.com