Busy sign company looking for an experienced designer. Previous experience with Corel, setting up print files, plating/ CNC set up and creating production and permit drawings are all skills that will be looked at.
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery.
- Consult with customers to brainstorm ideas, review code compliance, and determine overall needs and timelines of projects.
- Produce lettering, images and layouts for fabrication & installation of signs using specialized software such as CorelDRAW, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Calculate material usage in manufacturing including for aluminum, wood, metal, acrylic, LED, electrical.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style, and arrange layout based upon available space, aesthetic design, and production requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate the manufacturing and publication process for graphic design deliverables to ensure compliance with design specifications
- Deep familiarity with the Canadian sign industry; solid knowledge of architectural signage, cabinet signs, channel lettering, monument and pylon structures.
- Ability to read/interpret production drawings
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of CorelDRAW, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understanding of LED design for lighting signage products.
- Solid understanding of UL and CSA requirements for signage installation
- Familiarity with Ontario sign regulations
- Keen awareness of manufacturing standards for signs
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate with teammates
- Strong people management/ interpersonal skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- 2-3 years’ experience in the Canadian sign industry
- previous experience with digital printing and sign creation.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Post ID: HV0357
Company: Jones Neon Displays
Hours: Full time
Wage: $25.00 / hour
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org