is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide provides support to the set up, preparation, serving and clean up associated with all meal services in the Residence/Home.
- To establish, extract, evaluate and document the needs of the business with regards to custom application development;
- To serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- To assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.;
- To set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required;
- To assist with cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required;
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required;
- To assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events;
- To assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist;
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre for Skills Employment Services office to find out how to apply
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors
- Must possess or be enrolled in Food Service Worker Training Program
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
- Burlington: 289-962-6155
- Oakville: 289-962-1643
- Milton: 289-208-3728
Post ID: JD324
Company: Revera Birkdale Place
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org