Cedarlane, one of Canada's largest distributors of products used in research and diagnostic laboratories, is looking to add an experienced Customer Service Representative in Burlington, Ontario.
Customer Service Representatives are the primary contact for customer inquiries via website, telephone, fax, and email. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for order entry. Responds to and helps resolve inquiries and issues related to orders such as order status questions, return of goods, and pricing credits. Communicates with internal team members across departments to accomplish tasks.
- Processes Customer Orders via website, fax, email, telephone, including special requests or special orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interacts with Sales Team to ensure regular communication on customer issues and sales leads.
- Handles customer questions and issues, research and resolves customer problems interacting with internal departments as necessary.
- Tracing carrier shipments
- Providing proof of delivery
- Broken product
- Missing product
- Short/over shipments
- Incorrect deliveries
- Other Carrier issues
- Product quality or packaging complaints
- Process customer returns and credits
- Expediting backorders
- Manages customer standing orders
- Manages an assigned dedicated account with special requirements
- Web administration
- Completion of a College or University diploma or certificate in a related field such as business, administration, science, customer service; or 2-year previous experience in a call center environment or related customer service role.
- Second Language an asset
- Customer Focused -good interpersonal skills, enjoys interacting with people
- Communication skills –Verbal and written proficiency to concisely delivery a clear and accurate message
- Active Listening skills –Listen to customer requirements to understand root cause and mirror customer style
- Telephone Skills –maintain helpful tone and attitude throughout contact, portrays a professional image.
- Problem Solving Skills/Questioning Skills - Asks effective questions to find key indicators to resolve problem
- Decision making skills-follows procedures and code of ethics, makes decisions based on collection of facts, makes decisions and executes, open to new ideas, sensitive to costs
- Team Player – Is result oriented and uses and shares resources within team, vigilant of metrics and supports peers
- Organization and Time Management skills-can handle high volume of interactions from a variety of mediums, prioritizes and meets deadlines, can multitask and able to work under pressure. Excellent follow up skills to ensure task completion.
- Ability to handle difficult customers - Stays calm while handling challenging customer, Shows Empathy, Guides customer to stay on task.
- Computer and keyboard skills – Comfort in a windows environment.
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist; Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre for Skills Employment Services office to find out how to apply:
• Burlington: 905-333-3499 x140
• Oakville: 905-845-1157 x101
• Milton: 905-693-8458 x101
• Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Company: Cedarlane Labs
Hours: Full time
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org