Martindale Retirement Residence in Milton
, part of Sienna Senior Living, offers independent living, assisted living, and respite care for it's residents.
If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection. As a Cook your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
- Preparing meals and snacks according to production sheets, recipes and other menu document as provided.
- Providing for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- Monitoring quality of food supplies received and advises team leader of problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
- In the absence of the team leader, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers.
- Assisting in the orientation and training of new team members.
- Attends in-service meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Bonus Points for having
- Grade 12 minimum education required.
- Graduate of a recognized college food preparation program and willing to Red Seal certify.
- One year experience in volume food preparation, catering and special events preparation.
- A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the residence.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check.
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist
- Experience in large quantity food preparation and cooking in Health, Long Term Care, or Retirement Residence is preferred.
- Red Seal Designation preferred.
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre for Skills Employment Services office to find out how to apply
- Burlington: 289-962-6155
- Oakville: 289-962-1643
- Milton: 289-208-3728
Post ID: JD355
Company: Martindale Retirement Residence
Hours: Full time
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org