Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987 and is one of Canada’s premier service laboratories supporting a vast array of clients. With head office situated in Ancaster Ontario, Actlabs provides services in over 90 countries and has several strategically positioned facilities that support global markets. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing, development services and delivering quality analysis. Actlabs provides analysis in the geochemical and geo-metallurgical market, material testing, agriculture, forensics, environmental and life sciences.
Sample Preparation Technicians will be working with rocks and preparing them for analysis. These positions are not suitable for those who cannot do periodic lifting throughout the day. Due to safety concerns, contact lenses are not permitted to be worn in the labs at anytime. Strict adherences to safety procedures are required.
• Crushing and preparing geological/environmental samples for analysis
• Working with light industrial equipment
• Lifting of up to 50 pounds
• Any other task as required
Education Required: High School
• Attention to detail, quality driven and strong organizational skills
• Pro-active, reliable and demonstrate common sense
• Ability to multitask, perform under pressure to achieve turnaround requirement
• Read, understand and follow guidelines and instructions safely and accurately
• Familiar with the computer and good communication skills in English
• Excellent eye-hand co-ordination and manual dexterity
• Clean-shaven in order to wear PPE
• Ability to work well independently and with others
• Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety and Professional Conduct Policies
• Own transportation required
Entry level position and salary
If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity please follow the steps outlined below:
· If you are Registered with us at the Centre please submit your resume to your assigned Employment Advisor and ask them to review it and submit on your behalf.
· If you are not currently registered with us at the Centre please call 905 333 3499, x144 for assistance.
Post ID: HC-427
Company: Activation Laboratories
Hours: Full time
How to apply: email@example.com