About NUVO Network….
NUVO Network is a reimagined workspace housing a vibrant ecosystem for entrepreneurship, creativity, innovation and collaboration. The 150,000 square foot broadcasting and office facility, formerly known as Crossroads Centre in Burlington ON, is a synergistic, secular space connecting entrepreneurs, content creators, and community champions, providing access to state-of-the-art multimedia facilities including podcasting, video production and recording studios.
The space was consciously developed to provide business owners with unprecedented offerings in a bright, friendly, flexible co-working environment or commercial offices. NUVO Network members can work independently or in shared work environments, while the outside community can take advantage of regular monthly gaming, music and community events, or rent space for everything from conferences to commercials.
Nuvo Netork is currently looking for Banquet Servers
Reporting to: Event Manager
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
● Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Event Manager
● Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
● Attend to all the needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
● Inform the Event Manager when there is a need for housekeeping and/or repairs of banquet equipment.
● Assist in the upkeep and organization of all liquor liability laws.
● Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
● Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
● Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s).
● Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service
● Serve menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order; time the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
● Perform pre- and post-shift side work such as set-up, prepare condiments, etc.
● Clear tables after service.
● Remove trays of dirty dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for cleaning.
● Respond to guest inquiries and special requests promptly and professionally to ensure guest satisfaction;
● Notify Event Manager of guest complaints or unusual situations.
● Clear the room at the end of the banquet of all props and centerpieces and return to storage
● Properly store all reusable good according to kitchen standards
● Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
● Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
● Able to stand up for long periods of time
● Physically able to carry out the demands of the position including pushing, pulling, bending, heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time
● Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work Days, Nights, Weekends, and Holidays.
● Must be Smart Serve Certified
● Previous serving experience in a banquet setting is an asset
● Ability to effectively communicate with guests, management and co-workers
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre For Skills office Location to schedule an appointment to register with an Employment Specialist.
· Burlington: 905-333-3499 x140
· Oakville: 905-845-1157 x101
· Milton: 905-693-8458 x101
· Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Post ID: JD100
Company: Nuvo Netork
Hours: Full time
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org