About NUVO Network….
NUVO Network is a reimagined workspace housing a vibrant ecosystem for entrepreneurship, creativity, innovation and collaboration. The 150,000 square foot broadcasting and office facility, formerly known as Crossroads Centre in Burlington ON, is a synergistic, secular space connecting entrepreneurs, content creators, and community champions, providing access to state-of-the-art multimedia facilities including podcasting, video production and recording studios.
The space was consciously developed to provide business owners with unprecedented offerings in a bright, friendly, flexible co-working environment or commercial offices. NUVO Network members can work independently or in shared work environments, while the outside community can take advantage of regular monthly gaming, music and community events, or rent space for everything from conferences to commercials.
Nuvo Network is looking for a Banquet Porter
Reporting to: Events Manager
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
● To set up, maintain and tear down all meeting rooms according to standards.
● To maintain and keep all Banquet equipment in good working condition and report any deficiencies.
● To conduct monthly inventory of all Banquet equipment.
● To perform Banquet duties conforming to local liquor and health and safety laws.
● To keep all work areas and Banquet storage rooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
● To participate in the daily pre-shift meeting.
● To complete other duties as assigned by management;
● Set up food service stations, clear dishes and replenish when required
● Communicates with Event Manager verbally and through written communication throughout the shift to ensure proper notification and follow through of assigned tasks;
● Supplies and replenishes meeting rooms in a prompt and courteous manner;
● Ability to assist Event Manager as needed;
● Attend staff meetings as needed;
● Other duties as assigned by Event Manager or other management.
● Follows banquet event orders and floor plans with strong attention to detail
● Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up
● Always maintain a professional demeanor and attitude
● Communicate all pertinent information to the banquet team
● Maintain constant awareness of safety issues and reports all incidents to Event Manager
● Report any needed repairs to immediate Event Manager
● Ensure proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver
● Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
● To handle guest concerns, compliments and suggestions in a professional informed manner
The successful candidate will have the following:
● Previous Banquet or hospitality experience preferred;
● Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends where required;
● High School Diploma or equivalent preferred;
● Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with grooming standards;
● Ability to understand verbal and written English sufficient to understand verbal job requests from Event Manager and guests;
● Ability to set up a room by following a floor plan
● Working knowledge of safety issues relating to moving equipment, building maintenance and food safety concerns;
● Ability to perform under pressure effectively for extensive periods of time while maintaining professionalism;
● Can work on own as well as part of a team;
● Performs work well with accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail;
● Ability to follow directions thoroughly;
● Understand guest’s service needs;
● Clear thinker who can remain calm and resolving problems using good judgment;
● Must possess a G licence with a clean record
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
● Able to lift up equipment up to 50lbs often
● Able to drive own vehicle to transport meeting materials where required
● Able to stand up for long periods of time
● Physically able to carry out the demands of the position including pushing, pulling, bending, heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre For Skills office Location to schedule an appointment to register with an Employment Specialist.
· Burlington: 905-333-3499 x140
· Oakville: 905-845-1157 x101
· Milton: 905-693-8458 x101
· Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Post ID: JD101
Company: Nuvo Network
Hours: Full time
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org