The Research and Development Scientist will formulate products in compliance with all regulatory guidelines while at the same time ensuring compliance with current good manufacturing practices. Interested candidates need to have an Organic Chemistry background with strong analytical skills.
1. Carries out development of new products and modifications to existing ones, as required for improved performance in the field, to lower costs or to improve production methods.
2. Carries out evaluation of new raw materials.
3. Researches new test methods and their implementation; including design, and evaluation of R&R studies.
4. Review and establish specifications of raw materials and products.
5. Mentors technicians on testing procedures.
6. Assists in collection and organization of data for technical data sheets, technical brochures and meetings.
7. Evaluates competitive products.
8. Develop manufacturing instructions, scale up batches, and transfer processes into manufacturing.
9. Provide sales with product recommendations for new applications.
10. Data analysis, interpretation, and documentation in development reports.
11. Attendance at plant trials, as required.
12. Schedule, plan and organize activities to meet timeline for submissions and other documentations. Technical
1. Routine standard testing and efficacy evaluation of used products. Reviews tests results before submission to sales. 2. Field evaluation of products and processes.
3. Internal and / or external samples for customer complaints testing, evaluation and determining solutions.
4. Providing technician(s) with the testing protocols for the above.
5. Provide expertise to solve manufacturing problems or batch failures.
6. Supervises all “red” batches and prepares the “Transfer to Manufacturing” form when processes are stable.
7. Provides technical input for the resolution of product issues.
8. Preparation of non-routine sample requests.
• Masters or PhD of Science Degree in Chemistry.
• Minimum five years’ work experience in chemical lab or plant is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication and time management skills.
• Commitment to continuous professional improvement.
• Attention to detail, self-management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team (Laboratories, Engineering, Production, Quality, Procurement).
If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity please follow the steps outlined below:
· If you are Registered with us at the Centre please submit your resume to your assigned Employment Advisor and ask them to review it and submit on your behalf.
· If you are not currently registered with us at the Centre please call 905 333 3499, x144 for assistance.
Post ID: HC-411
Hours: Full time
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org