: Afternoon Shift Supervisor
: Milton – 8300 Lawson Road
: V.P. of Client Service and Warehouse Operations
: Afternoon Warehouse Associates
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the Afternoon Shift Supervisor is to oversee various operations on the Afternoon shift, providing hands-on guidance across multiple departments and taking ownership for quality, productivity, and safety on the shift. The Afternoon Supervisor communicates with Day Shift Supervisors to determine priorities and is responsible for directing labour accordingly, monitoring deliverables, and reporting on progress daily. This person is a critical link for the workflow from days – afternoons – days. This person is a key-holder to the 80,000 square foot facility and responsible for ensuring product security as per company guidelines.
The departments at Fraser Direct consist of
· Inventory Control
· Pick & Pack
· Responsible for the scheduling, planning, execution and results of operations on afternoon shift.
· Participate in the daily hand-off meeting with Day Shift to brief on priorities/deliverables.
· Communicate priorities and direct necessary labour across different departments to ensure deliverables are met on the shift.
· Provide end of shift report V.P of Warehouse Operations and Day Shift Supervisors (as necessary), setting up for a clear and seamless start-up next day.
· Plan effectively to meet turnaround standards and KPIs.
· Be a key-holder for the facility and responsible for building security and lock up and arm facility at the end of each shift.
· Ensure that all company and client quality requirements (SOPs) are followed at all times and that expectations are met
· Maintain good housekeeping practices and hold the team accountable for maintaining these standards.
· Responsible for the planning, scheduling, and completion of training and training records on the shift
· Ensure productivity goals and priorities are set, communicated to staff, and met. Work quickly and proactively to correct any concerns.
· Bring forward opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Perform bi-weekly workplace inspections for your environment and take corrective action and escalate any concerns as necessary.
· Ensure Health & Safety regulations are communicated and followed. Stop and correct unsafe or hazardous conditions, tag out unsafe equipment, and report both to Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager and/or a Health & Safety Committee member.
· Thoroughly investigate work-related injuries and incidents, complete accident/incident reports, make recommendations, and facilitate corrective and preventative measures.
· Ensure high quality of team performance by leading by example in all aspects of daily operation and production. Motivate and coach Team Leaders on required goals and behaviors.
· Communicate professionally and effectively with Office personnel and other Warehouse departments to troubleshoot and solve problems
· Monitor, proirtize, and actions on high volumes of email
· Participate and lead continuous improvement teams
· All other duties as assigned.
· 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehousing and distribution environment.
· Direct working knowledge of warehouse operations and transportation management.
· RF Scanner experience.
· Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS) and PDT devices an asset.
· Experience in 3PL an asset.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook and Word).
· Excellent knowledge and ownership of Health and Safety responsibilities and best practices. .
· Solid project management skills. Mechanical inclination an asset for machinery.
· Facility maintenance and/or security experience.
· Ability to coach, train and build a team. Must be able to execute progressive discipline and positive reinforcement as required.
· Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
· Effective organization, planning and time management skills; must be able to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
· Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
· Strong customer focus.
· Material handling equipment experience an asset, willing to train.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
· Warehouse Environment, highly QA controlled and very clean. Ambient temperature
· CSA-approved safety shoes
· Ability to lift or move heavy objects (up to 30-50lb) if necessary
· Ability to stand, bend, and walk around throughout the day
· Core hours
: Monday to Thursday, 2:30pm and 12:30am, Fridays 2:30pm – 8:30pm. Must be flexible to work when needed, including occasional weekend staffing and supervision.Fraser Direct welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please let us know.
Updated: July 2019
To apply, please contact your Employment Advisor
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre For Skills office Location to schedule an appointment to register with an Employment Advisor.
· Burlington: 905-333-3499 x140
· Oakville: 905-845-1157 x101
· Milton: 905-693-8458 x101
· Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Post ID: JD063
Hours: Full time
How to apply: email@example.com